Saturday, December 13, 2008

Silver Star Part Deux

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!


So yesterday went quite well for me. I raced a Nor-Am sprint at Sovereign Lake Nordic club in Vernon. The classical style sprint was interesting, almost all the open men went on skate skis with no grip and double poled the whole 1.1km track.
My qualifier round went very well, I came in 3rd place, just under a second back of first place. This helps with the first round of heats. The higher you qualify, the better positioned you are in heats. I lead the Quarter final and cruised in pretty cushioned. The Semi final I also lead out hard and cruised the last 200 meters, in 3rd, a for sure ticket to the a-final. The worst I could now do was 6th. I started out the A-final on a bad note, a short lane with a boat load of powder at the end, I struggled to try and move into the train but wasted a lot of energy trying to get there, from there I just started to fade a slowly, lost my snap on the gradual uphill and even more on the little steep. From there on I had totally Blown up!!! I was pushing as hard as I could and going absolutely no where!!!!
Me getting extreme leading the Quarter final- Photo: Sam Lindsey

I cruised into 6th place, totally shot. I am satisfied with this result, because I know I can improve on it, I am just missing a small bit of sharpening. Getting sick 2 weeks ago for 8 days I am sure was a little bit of a contribution, But I am coming back strong quite quickly. With trials starting in a couple weeks in Canmore, I am sure I am on track, and things are pointed in the right direction. My coaches are happy with things and that gives me a lot of extra confidence too!!!
I was also lucky enough to have a bit of a cheering section show up to support me!!

Thanks a lot Shy!!! The green toque was totally good luck!



Stringing-out the Quarter final - Photo: Sam Lindsey

Tonight we are suppost to race a 15 km classic starting at 5pm, this will be weather permitting, it is suppost to get quite cold and with a windchill factoring in it could be very brutal!

Until next time!!!
Just Giv’r


C

2 comments:

Pate Neumann said...

Sick... those pictures are awesome! Way to represent!

Sam Lindsey said...

Yeah those pictures are pretty sweet ;)