Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back at it!

Well it was nice to have some downtime last week! I managed to relax, cut the hours back, get a little bit back into running, play some golf and eat some turkey! Sorry no pic's following I forgot to pack the camera....anyways... This coming week our team has not wasted anytime jumping into. Today we did our final uphill double pole and no pole skate test. Ouch... the double pole test went smooth, I missed my PB but with all respect, the temps were colder and the road was wet. The no poles skate was hmm...let me try to sugar coat this....BAD! I went rigamortis legs with a quick heartrate spike in the first 100meters and was done, I skied in the best I could, basically sitting at red line in first gear...going no where. Thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. So looking further into this week our team has the uphill running timetrial slated for tomorrow and I don't think I will take part in it. For 1 i still have hardly any strentgh in my foot ( I rolled it while stepping on a rock blowing leaves) and 2 I feel that the Max VO2 test coming up in about 2 weeks will provide me with better information to which way I am heading. And for the rest of the week we will ease off a little bit and have the last focus as the 4 hour OD. With the following weeek we move into trials week. simulation of our biggest race weekend of the year. For that I have 2 sprint races planned with Thomsen. Then we fall upon another rest week and hopefully we will have snow after that!

anyway I gotta get going I'll keep ya updated as the week goes on.


C

No comments: