Sunday, October 5, 2008

Roller Jam!

The past 3 weeks have been pretty busy with reference to training. I have started to ramp the intensity up to start sharpening for the up coming race season. I am glad to say that I am heading into a rest week!!! I have decided to head out to Canmore to hang out for the week and take a break from Squamish. Yesterday Thomsen D'hont and I competed in a mock classic sprint at Whistler Olympic park. It was a great intensity. We ran 2 prelims and 2 head to head. the first prelim was a "get around the course as fast as possible" run, and the 2nd was a double pole only. The two times were pretty close but striding was slightly faster. The head to head competition was a good battle between us. I lead both of them from the start and worked on staying relaxed. When I hit the climb I decided to try out my legs and went for it and the result was a small gap between Thomsen and I.
Erik got a great shot of the battle at the top of the climb.

It is awesome to have Thomsen here to knock heads with, he is a tough guy who can push himself to the max, which helps push me to the max! It's quite refreshing to have another sprinter and a whole new team. We have had a lot of fun so far this year as a team and I am excited to see the team do awesome things this winter!

When I return from my rest week I will jump into another 3 weeks of volume and intensity. I will try to post an update of my exciting rest week!!!


until next time...

C

No comments: