Friday, October 17, 2008

And Then It Poured...

So the fall weather has blessed us here in Squamish...not just a little rain...A downpour. I realized this as I looked outside as I opened the door to head out for a 3 hour roller ski this morning. I thought this was bad, then I turned around to see that a freakin bear decided to rumage through out garbage can...again (not the first time). So I took a deep breath and turned back to the rain, the garbage can wait. So I decided to tour around a bit today instead of the normal Brackendale route. Hitting up some of the different neighborhoods, seeing some new scenery felt pretty good, maybe it was just the distraction from the fact I was already completely soaked 4 mins into my ski...Anyway I have felt pretty tired this week. We started with an easy day that I didn't feel great on but had an alright submax. I figured it must just be the travel from the day before. So we jumped straight into our no pole/double pole test, which 1 of the 2 tests went well, We then had the uphill run planned for the next day but still side lined on Physio's advice I did legs only intensity...can you guess what test I didn't do well in the day before...Strength in the afternoon was a mental battle but still was a quality workout. Today of course was a 3 hour OD classic roller ski. Quite demanding. I feel better now than I did a day ago so I am digesting the training quite well and with one more day of double workouts before my rest day I am sitting well. Next week we run our famous (well maybe just famous with our team) Trials simulation week. Which helps give our coaches an idea of how each person will react during the Trials week in January. For myself I have 2 sprint simulations slated and am getting pretty excited for them. I love the fact that the race season is getting closer and these tests can help get us mentally prepared and start thinking about race mode!

well until the next post!

C

No comments: