Thursday, February 21, 2008

Westerns...and a previous...

Ok I really need to keep on top of this whole keeping this blog up to date!

So I was recently up at the BC Championships with my home town team, the Omineca Ski Club. What a blast! It really means alot to me when I can spend time and attend the odd race as part of my team. I was 3rd in the Classic 10 km which was on ok race for me but in hindsite I should have probably stuck with my instinct and stayed home in Squamish to get my feet back under me. On the Positive note our relay team dominated! David Palmer and Fionn Carroll skied their hearts out! I have not seen either of those boys ski like that ever! made my job a little bit harder, I had to ski my Ass! off to get us in 1st, amazing job to those guys!!!

Westerns so far....I woke up sick the morning we left...great start, just raced the sprint... qualified well over 3 seconds ahead of the next guy... dominated the A-final and crashed on the hairpin, where in the previous heat 3 guys had crashed and left the worlds biggest ruts! I think I counted and also Luke (another racer in the heat) my butt bouncing twice. So I managed to get back onto my feet in third, worked hard to get back up there and was spent. ouch, got out sprinted for 3rd, I was so mad I handed in the bib and in the words of Amy's son Gunnar, "acted like a baby" I don't mind getting beat to the line but when I goof up I really take it hard on myself, as i type this I need to remind myself to relax and not crush my keys. appologies were in order to Coach Caldwell for my unsportsmanlike behaviour, which wasnt horrible but I have been know to act better. anyway I still walked away with $175. but could have been $350 but hey thats racing!!!

until next time....


keep on your feet! Don't use me as an example! and make sure you don't "act like a baby"



C

No comments: