Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super tour and Back Home!

After a smooth, but long travel day (18 hours), from Madison, WI, to Squamish I am finally back home. Not only am I excited to sleep in my own bed, But I will spend the next 2 weeks putting in some solid training up at the 2010 Olympic venue. Time to log some home course advantage!

The final day of the Madison sprints ended positively, No I didn't take the win but I did end up 6th, not super but not horrible. The 1km course was quite flat with one long hill and a gradual climb to the finish made the course into a double pole course! This was the first time I had even entered a classic race on skate gear! As you can image I was very nervous, what if I ran out of steam on the climb? what if the other guys go on Classic equipment? all these plus more questions were going through my head. Thanks to Amy, she filled me full of confidence and I managed to qualify 6th and well, finish 6th. I was very excited and this brings a whole new world of confidence to me, I lost 5th place to a 2 time olympian, Lars Flora, so its not as though I powered out and lost to someone less legit. I was very excited with this new found strength in myself, I lead the whole last heat, which is also something I have never done!

So back to the next 2 weeks...It is time to relax today, and get all of my affairs in order, rest and think about the next 2 weeks. I have decided to take this coming weekend off of racing to put in a solid 2 weeks of training, with proper resting and less distractions!

I will try to snap some photos this week of the venue, it is unbelievable the amount of snow that falls up there! I really cannot describe it!

keep em pointed staight!


C

No comments: