Friday, February 22, 2008

Westerns day 2

It was a hard decision to make but I opted out of the skate race today, as I mentioned in my previous post I was not exactly what you could call "healthy" for the sprint race. I am sure that my competitors were a little grossed out with some of the wads I would spit up throughout the day...Sorry guys and gals!. I really wanted to race this skate race today it was my second priority for this race series, Consulting with Amy twice this morning made the decision pretty clear. Deep down I knew that racing today was not a good idea but still was looking for a reason to suit up. I must admit I am quite taken back that I feel better than yesterday...an unusual feeling for the day after racing sick. So I will take today to rest, ski short tomorrow and then make the call on sunday's classic race. It is always tough as an athlete to make decisions while your sick. Should I race? Shouldn't I? you really need to think about a few things if put in this position as I did.
1. What was my primary goal for the rest of the season?.....Nationals
2. Is this race worth it? trials? ...No this race was a low competition level race, yes there was money on the line but Amy reminded me that she has not seen someone sub %100 "race well".
3. Could I further damage my body?...Potentially yes with the colder weather here.

I am not a magic 8 ball but just typing that I really don't know why I put up such a big fight! Wait...yes I do! I Love racing!! I live to race!! but if I really want to shine at nationals I need to swallow that and deal....ok Done!

well I am off to drink endless amounts of green tea!


Cheers!



C.

No comments: