Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Back!!!!....Again!

So my blogging has been quite bad lately...my apologies! So racing since the world cup has been going ok for me I had a great qualifier in Rossland and a weird set of heats. Tactics were a little weird and played out not to my favor. I almost skied my way into the a-final but missed out in the lunge....but hey thats racing! Sunday's classic race went very good for the first lap before my injury took over...I was skiing very strong and techniquely sound. I felt as though I could really push the uphills and the flats hard and recover fine. I also had a funny crash with Tristan Flock in the lap lane, Thanks Erik for sick skis all weekend! I don't remember the last time I had skis that good in a classic race. After the weekend I took a bit of time to evaluate and realized that the weekend was not that bad at all. I mean obviously its not the exact place I owuld like to be...but it is a stepping stone towards it. I have been in Kamloops training and building some base and working on some speed. I have noticed that my skate starts have been pathetic! So that has been a big focus as well as technique both in skate and classic. From here i head over to Vancouver to do an appearance event then shoot over to Kelowna to join my home club Omineca to race the BC Champs club relays, one of the races I look forward to the most! So like i said I have been building the base and so far have 8 hours this week and have enjoyed every minute of it! I have also been working on re-vamping my website with my aunt so hopefully will have that up soon! anyway I should head for bed training all these hours makes me look so forward to sleep!

Until next time!

C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time

Chris Werrell said...

Just for you...