Monday, August 18, 2008

Rest week wrap up and straight into testing...

Well my rest week did not start the way I wanted it to. On monday we were running one of our monitoring tests up at Alice lake and I re-sprained my ankle (from Peachland) bad. It swelled up like a "Cankle" that is where it looks like your calf runs straight to your heel, Thanks Zach... anyway it has stayed huge up until today where I had some major Physio work on it. needless to say an hour and a half in there brought the swelling down.

Notice the swelling and bruising around the lower foot and heel.

Notice the lack of swelling and bruising on my right foot.

Just a little example that pic was taken 1 week after. Rest week went well I still managed to log the recovery hours I aimed for and relatively painless.

It was quite easy to sit around with my foot in an ice bucket or use the icing machine lent to me, Thank you Stacey and Al, I am sure I will owe some babysitting for that but very worth it! anyway back to me finding it easy to sit and do nothing, thanks to the Olympics, which had been relatively quiet for Canada up until a few days ago! so I will continue to nurse my anklle through the coming week with a test about every other day. Tomorrow I will go up to the Callaghan to do some speed work, Thursday has the uphill run on the agenda, I hopefully will do this, the PT was still a little unsure I should do it. Saturday is the double pole/no pole test up the venue road. finishing next tuesday with V02 max test.

Post testing I will sneak away to Invermere a few days before starting our joint camp with team 2010 at Nipika resort, just outside of Radium. So the next few weeks are going to be very busy and super fun!

until next time

C

No comments: