Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post Christmas

I am now sitting in a loft in an inn(haha that sounds funny in an inn)in a small town north of Toronto named Duntroon. in the same clothes I left Burns Lake in a day ago...not because I chose to but because my bags didn't make the flight from P.G to Vancouver last night. So early this morning I awoke for my 7:00am departure...still no bags. Now I can honestly admit I am used to airlines losing my bag (usually happens every 3rd flight with me!) and I don't feel as bad because the reason my ski bag didn't make the plane was due to there being not enough room ( 2 motorized wheelchairs had priority) so I can live with that I don't need my skis as bad as someone may need that chair!

The one thing that makes me a bit mad is that the airline forgot to take my duffel bag off the plane before it left for Edmonton from Vancouver... ah well.

Anyway enough about my delayed bag misfortunes. I had an amazing Christmas at home with my family. All my brothers were there and of course Mom, Dad and Santa Claus spoiled us beyond belief. I was fortunate to find a brand new Espresso Machine under the tree to help give me a bit of an extra boost around the trails (Thanks Mom and Dad!!!) I also received many other amazing gifts!!! Thanks to my family for a great Christmas and a break from the first part of the racing season.

As I head into the second half of the race season and some of the biggest races of my season this weekend I have a new attitude, focus and rested up body (forced to take some extra time off getting sick over Christmas). I was fortunate to race a race at home, yesterday in fact before rushing home to get changed and race to the airport! It is very special to get to race at my home club, where I started to race over 10 years ago now...wow that is a while now!


The course was one of the hardest I have ever raced! the 7.5 km used in the National Championships in1996. What a burner of a race, I am glad I got the bad one out before trials I was blowing cobwebs out the whole way. My legs were burning along with my lungs and arms. it was a tough mental battle!

So as soon as I get my clothes bag and ski bag I will be testing and preparing for the U23 world championship trials here in Duntroon Ontario.

I will keep you updated on the status of my bag and how the week unravels!


Chris

No comments: