Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tunning up while time winds down...

As I approach the final week of preparation before the newly announced "Season Openers" (due to lack of snow in Canmore) I find myself sitting on the couch thinking to myself...am I ready? I just finished one of the hardest workouts I have completed in a while with National Team member Phil Widmer. To sum it up into one word "Ouch". We did a sprint simulation workout with a Timetrial, and a series of "heats" of which I was in there, happy to my suprise. In the heats I was in and out, a little inconsistant and fading towards the end. Still a very good sign coming into the season, for those who don't know Phil is "Sprinting" in Canada. Usually when people get beat just by a little bit during intensity it is a huge mental blow, for me today it was a good thing. I know since starting to work with Amy in july, I have made huge gains in the area of fitness, speed and technique. I can now say that I am ready for the races in Silver star this coming weekend as well the race seaon ahead!
See ya on the trails!

Chris

No comments: