Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Day in Paradise...

Well as I sit down to write this update I look out my window to not see snow but rain. Moving to Squamish this year I expected to see a little more than my share of rain...that I can say I have seen! As we ascended up the valley towards the Callaghan I was expecting to hit snow about 10 minutes out, as usual. But not this time. Usually when you don't see snow around that point you look forward to a ski in the rain, which was the case today. It was not as bad as it sounds, it was more of a mist. Until you actually ski at the Callaghan you really can't appreciate the micro climate that it has. Judging by the weather on the drive you start to think "Oh my, this is going to be a long day". I really must say that if I truly didn't love to ski I would have a tough time getting out there.
As most of you know the waxing at O degrees can be almost imposible!!! that is the only thing that weighs on my mind on the drive up on a classic ski day! Today was one of those days. We waxed up with a thin layer of Rossa klister, I thought it was ok so I skied on it deciding not to try my newly made "hairys"(sp?). Man was I kicking myself after Zach asked me to try them on my way to the car...They were unbelievable...effortless...fast. Ah well lesson learned always try your options at the Callaghan. Still a great ski though!
anyway this article is really not going anywhere so I will end this here and update ya soon!


C

No comments: