Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rest Week

As I approach the race season, only 29 days until the season openers! This is the time of year to really turn up the focus, the weather starts to get less than desirable, the temperatures get cooler by the day and the focus usually starts to drop. So far so good! I must admit that I have never trained in this much rain in the amounts it comes down in. Despite doing almost all of my intensity sessions in the past 2 weeks in the pouring rain! I take it back to every coach I ever complained to about the rain, this gives me a whole new meaning to the word WET! All in all I am in good spirits still finding it in me to smile during the workouts, in between gritting my teeth. I am now in the middle of a rest week, hoping to return to a rested state to tackle on the next 5 weeks of training which will be some of the hardest training of my life, pushing myself further and harder than I have ever before! in the past I would have looked at my schedule and been very intimidated, now, I look at it with anticipation and excitement.
Well I am off for now, I am on babysitting duty for the coach tonight

until next time!


Chris

No comments: