Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Quick Trip Home

I was lucky enough to convince my coach to let me take a quick trip home last week.
During this week I managed to squeeze in many hours of hunting, training and a few chances to meet with new supporters of mine. A BIG thanks to LDM who have just jumped on board helping me out financially! I was fortunate enough to drop by and meet Wendy, Steve and the gang down there as well as pick up a cheque! Thanks alot!!! also had a chance to work with the local club passing on some new technique pointers and play some games ( which I still believe is essential to do every now and then). Getting home this time of year is one of the best things for me, even though I tend to over-book myself and turn a "rest" week into a "not-so-much" rest week. It is important to get away from the everyday routine of training and take a mental break, no different than any other job! just don't go telling your bosses that Chris Werrell said you need to take days off!. So a quick break and back to reality, training that is. Unfortunately I have torn my calf muscle, not bad but bad enough to prevent me from doing our last set of testing...Bummer, not to many other athletes look forward to hurting really bad like I do.

Finishing off my trip home was a fund raiser put on by Coast Hotels, in Prince George, one of my other big supporters! a Big thanks to them as well I had a great time and I know all the people that attended did too!

until next time!

Chris

No comments: